Learn@ MAT Vacancies
Learning Support Assistant, St Matthias Academy ,Brentry.
LSA/TA Bristol Grade 8
£22,021 - £23,836 - (pro rata)
Full Time, One year Fixed Term Contract to be reviewed
Start date: 01/09/2020 or as soon as possible if later.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join a small, dedicated, professional and friendly team at St Matthias’s North site. Applicants should have a passion for educating and supporting young people and be committed to making a real difference to young people's lives. You will need to be resilient, patient, willing to learn and have a positive attitude to succeed in this role. The team at St Matthias believe that the rewards of this job are well worth the hard work involved.
St Matthias Academy offers full time education, for pupils who have been permanently excluded and for those at risk of permanent exclusion from schools across the Centre, North and East of the City of Bristol. We work to create a learning environment, which encourages the development of mutual respect, positive relationships and social responsibility leading towards educational and personal success.
The position is subject to good references, which reflect your good practice and strength. This is a permanent position for the right candidate.
For this post you will need::
- experience of working as an LSA/TA with disaffected young people
- experience of delivering enrichment and/or literacy and numeracy intervention
- to be able to motivate and engage young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- proven experience in managing disaffected pupils with challenging behaviour to promote positive behaviour or Speech, Language and Communication needs.
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- to be able to rise to the challenge with a smile and sense of humour
We can offer:
- varied and challenging work with young people, parents/carers and other professionals
- a chance to make a real contribution to the effective working of the team
- professional development opportunities
- A chance to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and local communities in the city of Bristol
We are completely committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
More information is available from the Headteacher, Ms Aileen Morrison. Visits to the school are welcomed. Telephone 0117 903 1320 for further information.
Closing date: Friday 12th June 2020, 12 noon
Interviews to be held Monday 22nd June 2020