St Matthias Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share that commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
See 'In This Section' for information about specific jobs vacancies at St Matthias Academy and the LEAP @Easton
Learn@ St Matthias Academy & Learn@ sites – Bristol (4 sites to be covered)
Start date: July 2022
Assistant Caretaker – Full Time
37 hrs a week working from 10am – 6.00pm Monday – Friday, term time only with some flexibility and opportunity for additional hours.
Bristol Grade 8 (BG8), £23,023 pro rata.
St Matthias is an Alternative Learning Provision (ALP) school sited in mainly based Fishponds, with other sites in Brentry and Easton. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible Assistant Caretaker to become part of our growing sites maintenance team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working both as part of a team and on their own. The post holder must be reliable and good at thinking on their feet with a range of practical DIY skills and have a clean driving licence and be able to travel between all 4 sites.
Learn@ is also a small Alternative Learning Provision (ALP) school sited in St Philips Marsh. 1 day per week the ideal candidate will be able to manage weekly maintenance checks, book contractors to complete annual maintenance visits and communicate directly with the Lead Teacher any issues or concerns.
Duties will include:
- Locking and securing the site.
- Helping with the safety and general upkeep of the school grounds
- Engaging with contractors
- Carrying out minor repairs
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly compliance checks.
- Keeping written/computerised records
In return for you hard work we offer:
- Local Governance Pension Scheme
- Continued professional development
- Access to wellbeing support, medical treatment and advice via schools’ advisory service
- Access to a cycle scheme- bicycle purchase loans
- Access to tech scheme – ICT loans
Closing date is : 03/07/2022
Interviews will take place : Week commencing 04/07/2022